Man has not been lucky in the universe with an innumerable health condition to battle with. For centuries, black seed oil has been on the forefront for remedies to digestive disorders. Black seed oil is a species of Nigella sativa from ranunculus (Ranunculaceae) family.
Apart from offering a therapeutic effect on gastrointestinal, it also has great benefit on health. It helps in boosting the immune system, allergies, liver, and kidney repair just to mention a few. Over the years, black seed oil has drawn attention amongst health experts. This has led to a series and a multitude of research done to identify core compounds and benefits. The seed oil has not disappointed in nearly all the clinical trials.
WHAT ARE GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES?
They are diseases that attack esophagus, small/large intestine, rectum, and gallbladder. Some of them penetrate to gallbladder, pancreas and accessory organs of digestion. Gastrointestinal (GI) is very rampant worldwide and is known to affect a large number of people. GI cause havoc to human health since they secrete uncontrolled acid and gastric ulcers. As we speak now, no cure has been identified yet. Over the counter (OTC) drugs available is known to cause diverse side effects.
Functional and mortality disorders are the leading conditions affecting the majority of people. It has also been identified that these disorders account to 10-20% in western countries.
Gastrointestinal has several symptoms that can be felt once it attacks your body. Some of them include:
- Abdominal distension
They are some of the disorders linked to the gut-brain interaction in the body of human being. The group is classified in the GI such as motility disturbance or altered mucosal. Other classification includes visceral hypersensitivity and altered gut microbiota.
The functional disorder is referred to as activities in terms of body motion of the intestine. Also, it’s the sensitivity of the nerves found in the intestine. According to the Rome diagnostic criteria it’s categorized as
- Esophageal disorders; they include Globus, functional heartburn and functional dysphagia.
- Gastroduodenal disorders; here symptoms impute to the center or upper GI tract.
- Bowel disorders and abdominal pain; in most cases, symptoms impute to the center or upper GI tract. The group is subdivided into Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), functional constipation and diarrhea.
- Remedies and verifiable therapeutic approach for Gastrointestinal Diseases
If you take a look at the net we have many peer review handling the matter. In most cases, gastrointestinal diseases treatment has been linked with black seed oil. The magical seed as we aforementioned above has been used since ancient time to treat diseases.
The difference between ancient time diagnosis and modern times is wide. We are living in the digital age where cutting edge state of the art laboratories is found. Here, we can identify each chemical compound and how it can combat each symptom. That is why health experts have drawn more weight on black seed oil.
THE BENEFICIAL COMPOUNDS OF BLACK SEED OIL
Research has been done to identify how black seed oil can manage gastrointestinal diseases. The outcome proves to be positive since black seed is abundance with anti-oxidant. Some of them include:
- Thymoquinone: it’s the biggest component found in black seed oil with pharmaceutical benefits. It has been tasted to help combat many diseases that affect various parts of the body.
- Thymoquinone is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound good for the body.
- Thymol: it’s found in natural plant black seed oil (n. Sativa) and poses useful properties. Apart from being used in tuberculocide and virucides, it’s used in industries to produce perfume.
Gastrointestinal diseases have many sub-division of disorders. It has been identified that 10-20% of people living in industrialized nation suffers from it. At the moment no tangible cure has been developed. But, thanks to nature, it has one of the finest herbs by the name black seed oil. Research that has been done shows that black seed oil poses special compounds that has benefit. This compound especially thymoquinone has given hope to those suffering from the diseases.